Pathways to Immigration

Learn about how to stay in Ontario

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is open to both undergraduate, post-graduate, and graduate students. If you obtain a bachelor’s degree or a two-year diploma and a permanent full-time job offer from an Ontario employer, you can apply for permanent residence under the OINP. Learn more About OINP.

Express Entry

The Express Entry process manages permanent residence applications for three federal economic immigration programs: Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and the Federal Skilled Trades Program. The first two programs apply to international students. Learn more About Express Entry Program.

Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class is for applicants who have at least one year of Canadian work experience in a skilled, professional or technical field. International students who plan to apply for permanent residence under this class, learn more here.

Federal Skilled Worker Program

The Federal Skilled Worker Program is for applicants who are skilled professionals with qualifications and work experience in management positions, professions, or technical and skilled trades. In this class, the work experience does not have to be in Canada. Learn more About Federal Skilled Worker Program.